Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Impressive!!

So last week I asked Elijah and Caden to clean their rooms and make their beds. I do this often, but on this particular day the "cleaning bug" must have been in Elijah. After his room was cleaned and bed made, he came down stairs and asked me for the sweeper. He wanted it upstairs. So I gladly took it to him. He vaccumed the entire upstairs for me, picking up any toys or clothes that were along the way. Then I brought the vaccum downstairs and he took it to the laundry room and began sweeping in there. I was in awe of how good of a job he was doing and he did it without me asking him to!!! After the sweeping was done, he asked me for the swiffer and he mopped the hard floor surfaces. He did the upstairs bathroom, the front wood entry, the laundry room and hallway and the basement bathroom floors. Of course I couldn't let this pass by so I snapped several pictures. Soon he was "finished". I think the "cleaning bug" left him cause he never made it to the kitchen:). He was done. I thanked him for his hard work and told him how much that helped me out. I then decided to reward him with 2$ for his hard work. THANK YOU SON!!!










6 comments:

Joy said...

WOW, that is impressive! If we lived closer I would tell him to come my way:)

Janice said...

You tell Elijah I'm impress with the hard work he did. My house is next.hahaha

Mindy said...

Wow Elijah - I'll pay you more than $2 if you come do all that at my house! :) Or better yet, he can teach my boys to do it!!

That is just so sweet!!! Elijah, you are a wonderful young man!

emilykate said...

Wow, that's so sweet and definitely impressive for a boy of his age!

Anonymous said...

I made Avery read your post. I think it may have done a little bit of good. He did sweep and wash most of the floors for me. Now we will see if he does it again.

Joan said...

Keep up the good work Elijah!! Way to go. It's always a blessing to do kind things without being asked.