Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Help Please!!

Ok all you girls out there that are so creative and know what colors should go with what....I NEED YOUR HELP!!!
Im hoping at least one of these pictures does it justice because I just don't know if I like this. Please give me some suggestions. Thanks.





I just finished painting the guest room. Ive done alot to it and maybe ive done to much and maybe ive done to many colors.
Here is what ive done thus far....

Spray painted the bed and side table black.
Bought a new brown comforter
Bought this awesome orange pillow which I love
Then I took this pillow to Menards and they matched paint so that is the color on the wall with the bed. Then I got a gray blue(it really is more gray than blue, but when put up against the orange it looks more blue than gray) and now I just don't know if I like the walls. I love the orange wall, but not sure about the other three. Is it to much color with brown, black, orange and grayish blue?? Should I paint the other three walls a different color...like a tan or some off white or leave it?? Opinions would be much appreciated.

7 comments:

Wendy said...

I like it! My only suggestion would be to maybe find a greyer blue maybe with a hint of brown in it. I love color! Can't have enough of it and if you ever see my house you would see proof of this. I was thinking, ok dreaming, of doing our basement in orange and grey blues. But that's years away.

My advice in decorating is to trust yourself. When you see something you love you can usually make it work. It's when you start second guessing yourself that things fall apart.

Sandra said...

thanks wendy. Ive actually gotten a suggestion similar to that from my cousin...to make the gray more of a gray in the black family, not the blue family. Keep the suggestions coming girls!!!

Alesa said...

So, I think the colors are great...the woodwork seems to be throwing things off though. I think it needs to be a darker stain to go with your color scheme. I don't know how much time you've got to put into the room, but I think that might be the quickest way to pull it together. You've got rich toasty colors and your woodwork is light and airy.

I LOVE the pillow and wall color. I can't really tell the shade of the grey/blue and I'm sure it's different at night and during the day in direct light. Grey tones are tricky like that. It should lean more toward the warm tones, not really really stark grey as Wendy mentioned.

You might consider a plant in there too since dark green foliage looks super grand with that shade of orange.

Very pretty and alive so far. =)

An

Alesa said...

Ooops, I posted under Alesa's login. =)

Joy said...

I love the orange. Not too sure about the grey. guess I need to see it in person.

Anonymous said...

I agree with An. I think that the woodwork is throwing if off at least in the pictures. I don't really like the gray/blue color although it doesn't look "as blue" in the last picture.

I really love the orange! I think that a dark stain on the woodwork and bed frame/side table would go really well with the warm orange color. If you don't feel like messing with the stain I would leave the trim, the orange wall and the black bed frame alone. I would then paint the other three walls a lighter shade of orange/dark golden color with a brownish tint to pull in the woodwork and bedspread. Then add some artwork to those lighter walls that is primarily black but also pulls in the other room colors. I would also add a window treatment the same color as your orange pillow. A great website to go to is www.housebeautiful.com/decorating/paint-colors/paintbrush/
You can pick a room and change the wall color, trim color and accents colors to see what a room could potentially look like.

Your love for color really inspires me!

Laura L. said...

Love the orange and the brown.

I'd maybe consider taking out the blue/gray from the walls and going with a taupe or tan-type color. You could integrate a little blue with a pillow but I think the "cool" color doesn't seem to jive.