Friday, March 5, 2010

I Need Help

Ok, so we are in NEED of a new car seat for our almost 1 year old Liam!! The car seat we had before with our other boys is 1. expired and 2. no longer being made. So what is your carseat for your children, and do you like it?? Also, what age do you turn your child faceforward in the car? Most carseats say no earlier than 1 year, but I have also ready its better to keep them rear facing for as long as possible.

Id love to know your thoughts and especially what carseat you would recommend or NOT recommend.

THANKS!!!

6 comments:

Laura L. said...

We got the safety 1st alpha omega convertible seat http://www.amazon.com/Safety-1st-Alpha-Convertible-Proton/dp/B001FB5BFM

for Zoie. It does both forwards and back. Zoie was too long for her infant seat a few months ago and we have been using this one ever since. We really really like it. It's very comfy and works great. I got it in the lime green

Miranda said...

I'm going to have to check ours too for an expiration date. It's currently in the attic since Ali and Dakota haven't been in a 5 point harness seat for a while!

Sandra said...

laura..there are alot of alpha omega carseats out there but with names like Elite, Remington, etc....is your just the alpha omega?? The Elite is what I was actually looking at and showed nick it....just know that my in laws have the remington one and their straps area always all twisted up when I use it and I think that would drive me nuts eventually...so Im a little leary on it.

Sandra said...

laura...is yours the nitron? Do you keep it rear facing then and you like it?

Laura L. said...

We have the "Elite" one in nitron. Yes it is backward facing right now and I really like it. It's easy to use and Zoie seems pretty comfortable in it (sorry it took me so long to respond)

Wendy said...

We have a Britax Marathon Convertible. I really like it. Easy to install and can be forward or rear facing. It holds I think up to 65 lbs. My SIL has the Alpha Omega Elite and I think really likes that one too.