Friday, October 9, 2009

Airport??

The other day I was minding my own business and grilling dinner out back when I heard my uncle's plane fly overhead. Ive heard it a million times before so I know what it sounds like....and so I ran inside to grab the boys because I know they would love to wave at him and see him flying over "their" house. We are all outside and we hear the plane getting closer and closer and the boys are so excited. Thats when Elijah say's "mom, look its right there"!! We turn our heads and this is what we saw....








Now mind you we do not have an air strip next to our house:)...but instead they had just harvested the beans that day in the field beside our house and this is where my uncle put his plane down...amazing that he can just about land anywhere.

Of course the boys are about jumping out of their skin....and of course my uncle is so kind to let the boys(including nick...because he is just as excited) have a ride. This is Caden's first time in a plane EVER. Here are some pictures from the rest of the experience and a video at the end. They loved it and hope they get another ride sometime soon!!




5 comments:

Mindy said...

How fun! I think Noah would pass out from excitement if that would've happened to him!

Such a neat experience for an excited little boy - and for Elijah and Caden too I'm sure. :)

Erica Gutwein said...

I'll bet your boys had a great time - what a neat suprise!

Sandra said...

hee hee mindy...I think you hit the nail on the head...nick was just that excited!! ( especially since jan lets him fly the plane...its been good practice for nick as he has gotten kind of rusty:))

Joy said...

Sweet!! That was nice of uncle Jan to stop at your house. That must be bumpy taking off in the field.

Anonymous said...

Wow! How cool! Avery watched the video several times. He was very intrigued about the plane in the field. After we watched the video Alivia kept saying that she wanted to go bye-bye to Uncle Nick's house today. When I told her we couldn't go today she said "How about Elijah's house?"