Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Confessions

Well I liked Ann and Jenny's blog of their confessions and so I thought Id add to that by sharing mine. Don't we all have them?? Maybe some of us have it worse than others, and maybe there are those rare ones out there that don't have any?? If you are one of those, please leave a comment on how you have that perfectly clean house and yet raise children:) Id love to know your secret!!!

Here is the pile of laundry that is cleaned and waiting to be folded. Its been there for 24 hours!!! Thankfully its only whites which are mostly socks and towels which dont' mind if they are wrinkled:) Im pretty notorious for a left over "last load" forget abouts. Meaning, I do well with getting most of the laundry upstairs and folded and put away, but there is always that white load I tend to forget about and may even leave in the dryer the whole week until I open up the dryer to put in the following weeks wash and viola "there are clothes in the dryer". Opps. This is our bathroom...I know, it looks like its just MY bathroom. I am once again leaving it look this way more often than not. I mean, whats the use of putting it all away just to get it out again the next morning?? Poor nick has no room for his toothbrush and deoderant:) (what else does a guy have to clog up the bathroom counters?)Oh and now we have Elijah's room. He is really into playmobil. Im thankful he found something he can enjoy, but wow...all those little pieces(and you think lego's are bad??) This stuff is so tiny that I dont' even see it when sweeping sometimes and opps...there goes another piece. I do not make Elijah clean this up everynight since it stays in his room....but I do close the door often so I don't have to look at it.Last but not least....the toy room(bonus room). This is where we spend the majority of our family time (minus the kitchen) and you will notice that this is a "clean" picture. Thats right....this is the only room besides the kitchen that if it is not clean before bed I can hardly sleep. I make the boys clean this nearly everynight. I have let it go a night or two, but for the majority this is the room that MUST be cleaned before bed, before snack, before baths, before anything. In fact it will be the middle of the day and I walk into this room and it will be a disaster...like a tornado went thru. I immediately make the kids clean up everything except the one item they are currently playing with. I know, call me mean, but thats how much the mess can bother me in this room.

So anyway, there you have my confessions. Sure hope you enjoy and share a few of your own so I don't have to feel like such a pathetic mom:)

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Seeing these pictures makes me miss you. :( I sure wish Nick would get transferred and you could move back here!

I totally do the laundry thing! I just found a load of whites in the washer that I was sure I put in the dryer the day before...oops! Thankfully they weren't moldy or anything! After they sat in the dryer all day I finally folded them after Michael took them out of the dryer and threw them on our bed to be folded....was that a hint?! :)

Annette Bahler said...

There,... your confessions weren't
so bad.
I loved your perfectionism with
cleaning the spare room!
quite inspiring-

thanks for your sweet encouragement on my blog-

Jessica said...

Cute...just wanted to let you know I havent forgotten about your bag! you should get it in the next 3 or 4 days!

L, Ann and boys said...

I love it...the community of moms online...astounding. =o) I can't figure out how people do laundary once a week...I must be doing something wrong? I have to do a load a day to keep up and if I don't-horrors...the spit ups stinks and the stains will never go away. How do you do that?

Ann

Sandra said...

Ann, my boys have an abundance of clothes(I dont buy them, they are gifts), and they have enough to last them an entire week(esp. caden..second child) with all the handme downs and the new additional clothing. Elijah I do find I could stand to do a load more often, but refrain. I have actually gone two weeks to be exact before doing a load of wash. BUT and a big BUT, when I do end up doing laundry its a DAY LONG event. Ive done a max of 9 loads in one day before. Normally its 5 loads once a week. I do not like laundry so I do not want to be folding and laundrying more than once a week. Its just my preference I guess.

Kristy said...

I'm with you on the hating folding laundry. I despise it. Ben gets quite bitter. Many mornings I get woken up with "Where's my white t-shirts/ socks/ dress shirt?" They're always clean in teh laundry basket; I don't know why he asks? : )

I am also with you on teh having to have the toy room clean. Right now our family room has some toys so I can keep an eye on the boys. I always have to have that totally picked up. Cade has become a good helper about picking up. The basement, on the other hand, a different story. Disaster area most of the time. Out of sight, out of mind is such a good policy, isn't it?