Friday, January 9, 2015

Snow Days

Christmas Break is over, kids returned to school on Tuesday, just to then have the remainder of the week off again.  Snow days.  Seems to be a repeat of last year.  Thankfully my kids made the most of it and even though bitter cold they ventured outdoors at least twice daily.  They would stay out for about 1 hour then I MADE them come in a couple times to warm up with hot chocolate and another layer of clothes:).  This morning I decided to put on a coat, gloves and ear gear and head out myself to snap a few pictures.  Wow, its windy and cold out there.  Glad my boys love it and don't mind the cold to much.
 We put up a snow fence this year for the first time and yay its working!!  And now the kids have a nice drift to work with too.
 Building a wall to protect them from the wind.  Nice work!!!  Way to be creative!!

Happy Snow Days to them.....now I am really ready for a full week of school next week:) !!  Its due time to get back into a routine!!

1 comment:

Joan said...

Oh, I remember such good times of playing in the snow when I was a kid. Remember one time we had drifts higher than the fences. What fun!!