Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Ellie's Bedroom DIY

Back in August I tried my hand at my first ever furniture DIY projects.  I accomplished bookshelves and also a kitchen table for our basement.  Then when school started I decided to attempt an entire bedroom set for little miss Ellie Mae.  This was my furniture when I was living at home.  My parents so kindly gave it to us for Ellie and because I wasn't very careful as a kid with water glasses I ruined a lot of the woodwork.  Here are some pictures of the process and the finished project.

filled in with wood putty where the old hardware was and then primed it with 3 coats!!!

Nick has a sprayer so that made the process so much easier.  No paintbrushes involved for the paint.



cant really tell here but have two different turquoise knobs




Ellie's first night in her new bed.  She loved it and we had NO problems in the transfer!!

7 comments:

Joy said...

Oh Sandra, it's so pretty!! Great job! I love the colors of her room. I didn't realized that she was sleeping in her new bed already. Can't wait to see it in person! And about your other post....you learned how to tear up carpet in the basement from dad:) Way to go! Glad it's better now.

Mindy said...

It turned out great!!! Yay!

emilykate said...

Nice job! Looks like you did it really well!

Janice said...

Like both your post.Good job0n the bed room set.

bri said...

Super cute:)

Mandy said...

Cute furniture....so exciting that you had no issues with the bed transfer...we down south are back in the crib after a failed attempt. :(

The Gudeman's said...

Love her room!!! Fit for a little princess :)