Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Christmas Season is Here!!

CAN IT BE???? TWO POSTS IN ONE DAY???? :)

I had the joy of my cousin Alisha to help me this year. It was alot of fun getting the house all
decorated for christmas. We got this 9 ft christmas tree from some friends of ours who couldn't use it in their house due to the tallness of it, so they passed it on to us. It fits amazingly well(minus having to rearrange furniture for the season), but I love the tree!! Alisha decorated the mantle above the fireplace for me. She did a good job!

Nick hung the lights on the loft railing. This is pretty much all he did this year inside the house since I had alisha's help. You will notice lights also on the banister going up the stairs.

Alisha and I put lights above the cabinets and then we put bows on my kitchen cupboards as well. I want to invest in some red bows because this gold doesn't show very well. (this ribbon is left over from our house in TN where I had dark cherry cabinets and the gold went well with those).


This is the boys loft area. They have their own tree this year(our "old" tree...really its only 2 years old) but they think its pretty cool to have a tree up on the loft.



Nick hung all these lights on the house. He was a trooper and he did a great job. Thanks hon for your hard work. He did tell me "its a good thing I love you" as he was hanging them:).




7 comments:

Joan said...

Looks great, you are all quite talented in the decorating business, not me!

dan and tess said...

It all looks so festive! Good job Nick on the outside too:)

Janice said...

Now that you have your house done you can come and help me. Nick is such a great guy.Helping out with the light and all. Jerry love me too but we would never do what you do Nick. Everything look good.

Tricia said...

Love the decorations...can't wait to see them in person:-)
Way to go Nick...you wouldn't catch Mark doing that!

Joy said...

Very nice! It will look so much better in person:) Which will be soon:) I'm right with ya mom and Tricia, Jason would never do that either. So...way to go Nick. What love you have for your lovely wife:) oh, and I love the whole having-2-trees-idea! One for all your matching ornaments and one with the boys:)

Anonymous said...

Looks wonderful! Looks so cozy like a vacaction home in Vermont or something. Love it!

Mindy said...

Yeah!! The tree looks great! I love all your Christmas decorations - it's so festive!