Friday, October 15, 2010

Work=Good End Results

The end of the summer brought some amazing sales on fruits we love. So I tried my hand at freezing a few different kinds. First I did blueberries which obviously aren't to hard:). We got several bags of those. Then I did 7 bags of bing cherries. Wash and remove stem and bag them up. Another pretty easy task.
Then I decided to try peaches. Peaches are my favorite fruit and I wanted to have some this winter, because man, they were so good this past season. So I googled freezing peaches and away to work I went.
Removing skins after a 4 minutes bath in boiling water.
Slicing those delicious peaches. I had to eat several along the way of course:).

And now my freezer has several bags of fruit. The peaches I eat plain, the blueberries go in smoothies(yes I like smoothies in the cold months:), and the bing cherries I just eat out of the bag too(they still have the seeds in them). Sadly winter hasn't even started and I only have 4 bags of cherries left. The blueberries and peaches are still plenty.
Now if only I could just get up the energy to do applesauce one of these days. Probably won't happen until next year, but I really would love to do it.


5 comments:

Tricia said...

Sure looks like you've been busy!!! Enjoy all your hard work...but not too soon:-)
Love ya!

Joy said...

Wow! I would think that would take awhile. I've was buying a lot of pears. Of course they all went to Jayla.

Anonymous said...

Yum! All that hard work will sure taste good this winter :)

My email is down but I will email you soon about the Fall Party details.

dan and tess said...

Great job Sandra! It's inspiring me to get to my apples and make some applesauce! Those peaches are going to be fantastic!:) Miss you!

Joan said...

You can do the applesauce!!