Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Its Summer!!

It was getting pretty hot outside and the boys needed a way to cool off, so I got out the slip n slide. Now its a few years old and has a few flaws, so I got out the tape and was taping all the tiny little holes where the air was escaping. Got it patched up and away the kids went...having a great time. In fact they played on it NONSTOP for 2.5 hours!! I was shocked, but glad they had so much fun. Here are a few photo's of their fun time slipping around.
Caden having fun and would get pretty far...all the way to the "splash pool area" at the end.

It came with this float thing that you can use to slip on it, but its not nearly as fun. Elijah however can get going pretty fast and will slip n slide right off the entire slide and into the grass.
Love this picture...here is Elijah flying thru the air as he lands onto the slip n slide.

Now this must remain a secret to our boys....but Caden is getting a swimming pool for his birthday. One of those intex (12 ft by 32 inches) easy set up pools. So this slip n slide, since it has seen better days, is heading to the trash!!

5 comments:

janice said...

looks like they are having a good time

dan and tess said...

Aw! I remember the good ol' slip and slide days! :) Always better with a pop sickle afterwards! :)

Joy said...

Yes, the picture of Elijah is great! They will really love the pool. I hope I will be at his b-day party to see the look on Caden's face when he opens up his pool:)

Joan said...

Wow, that's really a cool picture, you'll have to print that one to scrapbook for sure! (you know me, always thinking about scrapbooking!) In fact, I think I want to print it too!

emilykate said...

Slip n slides are the best! After being with Sara and her 3 boys over the weekend I have a new appreciation for what it's like to be a mother of 3 boys. :)