Saturday, November 15, 2008

Prayer Request

Hi fellow bloggers...
Nearly a month ago I posted about Nick being in the ER with leg/back pain. Well, he is still seeing a chiropractor 3 times a week and he has not gotten anywhere with the pain relief. The Chiro wants to do one week of traction and if that doesn't help then he is going to be refered to another doctor. What does this mean...possible back surgery if need be. I really pray that God fixes his back before the need for surgery, but its an option and that scares me. I'm not exactly sure what they would do for a buldging or herniated disk but it fears me to find out. I just pray we don't have to get to that point.
Please Lord, if it is your will I just ask that You help Nick to recover here in the next week with traction and I pray that You will prevent him from needing surgery.
Thanks for your prayers on Nick's behalf!!

12 comments:

Janell said...

I hope that Nick gets better w/o surgery. However, you should talk to Marie. Andy's had some back issues. Sounds like the same thing.

Sandra said...

Does Marie have an email address??
Thanks Janell

Amber said...

Sandra,

My dad had a herniated disk in his neck years ago . . .that did lead to surgery. But I just remember the months leading up to it and how awful it was for him. I'll definately be thinking of the two of you.

The good news is, my dad had a smooth and successful surgery and has very few problems today! I'll be praying it won't lead there though it not neccesary!

Mindy said...

I was going to say the same thing as Janell, talk to Marie. She said that Andy struggled with his back pain for at least a year and he is having surgery in the next few weeks.

And hey, Michael will be able to sympathize with him! Michael's surgery was major and he came out great.

We will keep him in our prayers!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. I was wondering the other day how he was doing. We'll be praying!

We were in F-ville and said I hi to your mom today. :)

Bri

Tami said...

will definitely be praying for him!!! thanks for posting that.
I'm excited to see you at rachel's wedding!

smw said...

i'll pray that he gets better! i would feel the exact same way!
~shar

Anonymous said...

We will definitely be praying!
Love you,
Stacy

Christen Leigh said...

Praying for him!!

Anonymous said...

I have been praying for Nick & will continue. Love, J

Sandra said...

I am overwhelmed by the outpoor of love and prayers for nick. We really appreciate them and wanted to let you know to keep them coming. He has had two good days(or should I say hours) as they weren't back to back, but on Sunday afternoon he felt good, and then monday morning woke with pain again, but by Monday evening he commented that he felt like his leg was normal...but we are back to hop along nick today. He is in pain today as well, just hoping he can overcome this with all these prayers going around. Thanks gals!!!

Kristy said...

we'll definately be praying for Nick! Doesn't sound like a whole lot of improvement :(